When running a successful online business, it is so important to keep active on as many of your social media channels as possible. With the constant changes in platform algorithms, it seems like the one thing that seems to be consistent, is that consistency matters. The more consistent you are with your posting, the more likely your posts will pop up in your followers’ newsfeeds.
Where Do I Start?
But what are you actually going to post every day? This is where so many people get caught up, and as a result, lose that desired posting consistency. My biggest tip? Don’t overthink it! The easiest way for me to keep active on my social channels is simply to narrate my life. I don’t mean every single thing…we’re talking consistency here, not overkill. However when something relatable happens in your day, snap a pic, choose a social site to upload to, and jot a quick narrative out that will create a connection between you and your community. Even better, go one step further and use it as an opportunity to engage with your community as well! Ask for advice
Social Media Content Ideas
1. Hair Appointment – before compared to after
2. Mani/Pedi (Self or Appointment) – Help me choose a colour!
3. Talking the Dog for a Walk – How often do you walk your pup?
4. Grocery Store Run – Check out the deal on these!
5. New Book – Are you reading anything new right now?
6. Book Store Shelves – Looking for a new read…any suggestions?
7. Coffee in hand, blurred out kids in the foreground – It’s * night for us (gym/swim/dance/hockey/etc), what are you momma’s up to?
8. Morning Coffee (overhead shot) – What do you take in your coffee?
9. Piles of Laundry – How many people live here again?
10. Single Socks – Where do they go though?
11. Out for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Drinks! – What are your favourite choices from this restaurant?
12. Kids Toy Disaster – Do you have any organization tips to share? ANYONE?
13. New Lippy – Check out this colour! What do you think?
14. Making Dinner! One of our Faves! – What are you having tonight?
15. Getting Crafty! – Where do you go for crafty inspo?
16. Closet Disaster – What are your fave closet organization tips?
17. My view right now! – What are you looking at?
18. Work Space Wednesday – Where are you working from today?
19. Snack Attack! – What are your fave snacks?
20. Back Yard Bliss – Do you have a fave spot to hang out at home?
21. Setting of the Sun – Do you prefer sunrise or sunset?
22. Flower Garden – Do you do any gardening? What are you favourite flowers?
23. Colour Collection (a collection of items in your fave colour) – What is your fave colour?
24. Movie Night! – What’s the last movie you watched/went to see?
25. Fave Quote (tip: write this out in your own handwriting, and photograph it!) – What’s your fave quote?
26. Going For A Walk – Do you go for daily walks?
27. Fave Trinket – Do you have a fave decor item in your home?
28. Shameless Selfie – Let’s see your beautiful faces today!
29. Mommy/Daughter, Mommy/Son Date – What did you do on your last kiddo date?
30. DATE NIGHT! – What are your fave date night ideas?
31. LADIES NIGHT! WHAAAAT?!?!?! – What is your fave thing to do when you head out with your girls?
A Helpful Resource
One resource I found especially helpful is Brand Yo’Self with Suite Graphics video course. This will give you some foundation in social sharing etiquette, as well as some great tips on branding your shared images. I hope this will give you some inspiration when you find yourself in a social media rut! Sometimes the simplest ideas are sitting right in front of you. Keep the idea of building connections in mind, and share with your community like you are sharing with your friends. Before long, that is exactly what you will be!